List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: meinproc 1.0
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-26 17:07:45

Hi!

I've been asked why there is no standalone release for handling XML docu.
OK, so I packaged the relevant files and uploaded it here:
http://master.kde.org/~coolo/meinproc-1.0.tar.gz

This requires
ftp://ftp.xmlsoft.org/libxml2-2.3.7.tar.gz (for this there are also RPMs
available from the same location, but I can't speak about their quality and
portability to non-Redhat) and an installation of kdelibs.
I'm not aware of any CVS features I used, so a 2.1 installation should do.

This gives you a tool called meinproc which takes XML docu and outputs HTML.
Note however that the output HTML requires some files in the common directory
only available in kdelibs CVS, but the only thing you might get are broken
images.

Let me know about problems with this. Please also note that meinproc is
completely independent of the poxml project, so if you're a translator, you
need to po2xml the file and then use meinproc.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.