List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Text in .desktop-files (was: Bulgarian Language, again)
From:       vesselina nikolova <vesselina () galgenberg ! net>
Date:       2001-04-22 14:37:00

Hello!

> I can't comment on a Bulgarian translation, of course, because I have not
> the faintest knowledge of the language. Somehow I'm also unable to get
> everything you translated in cyrillic (eg the K menu and the module tree on
> the left of the Control Center appear as gibberish) but this may be a
> problem with my Latin1 system here. -- What's really not so good: that

No, this is not a problem with your latin1-system but a general KDE problem.
The translations of texts is not only in the .po-files, but you can find them
in the .desktop files in the applnk-Directory, too.

I could not find any standardised way to get my messages, which are correctly
translated in the .po files, into those .desktop files, therefore I wrote a
litte script that does this. You can find it under the name "einbauen" in my
bulgarian package (yes, I am bilingual) It is very specific to my system,
this is why I want to ask on this list for a standardised way to do it.

> quite a lot of English strings are copied from msgid into msgstr instead of
> just leaving them blank. This is messing up our translation statistics and
> looks like -- well -- "cheating". ;-)

This wasn't done by me, but by the original authors.

Yours

Vesselina