List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Date format problems...
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-03 19:23:25

The concatenation of date and time is handled by a kdelibs.po string (msgid
"%1 %2")
This is used for both long and short date but in Italian we need 2 different
words between %2 and %1 in the 2 different cases:

Short is:
13:24 del 3/4/2001
Long is
13:24 di martedi 4 aprile 2001

where "di" != "del"

I think this 2 case must be splitted and moved in the
l10n/$LANG/entry.desktop with the other date and time
format stuff.

Another problem we found is that the 2 tag
%e and %n when the number are of 1 digits there is an extra space before the
number i.e.
"3/4/2001" became " 3/ 4/2001"
this is because of a "%2d" in the sprintf in klocale.cpp.
Is there someone that needs this extra space or we can do a:

kdelibs/kdecore/klocale.cpp
824c824
<                 rst.replace(i, 2, QString().sprintf("%2d", pDate.month()));
---
>                 rst.replace(i, 2, QString().sprintf("%d", pDate.month()));
839c839
<                 rst.replace(i, 2, QString().sprintf("%2d", pDate.day() ));
---
>                 rst.replace(i, 2, QString().sprintf("%d", pDate.day() ));

Bye
Andrea

--

Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi		|  http://www.kde.org/