List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re[2]: PO files corrupt again and again
From:       Wang Jian <lark () linux ! net ! cn>
Date:       2001-04-03 7:54:02

Hello Stephan,

Tuesday, April 03, 2001, 5:34:15 AM, you wrote:

SK> Wang Jian wrote:
>>
SK> Hmm, why can't you have spaces in chinese? The bug appears when in the to msgstr
does no space or >> sign appears. Can you tell me a UTF-8 sequence from the above
SK> that is supposed to break? :)

Chinese has no concept of spaces. Spaces are used to break words, this
is suitable for western language, such as English, Francais, Espanol.
Chinese characters don't need words seperator, they are self seperated.
You can break Chinese sentence anywhere between two (multibyte)
characters ( but not break character itself). Also, the Chinese
punctuation should be considered when you use newline.

--
  lark