List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    plural handling again
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-03 0:31:16

Hi!

I've just commited my implementation. For this to work, you need to
translate the following message

#: kdecore/klocale.cpp:407
msgid ""
"_: Definition of PluralForm\n"
"Look at klocale.cpp for now"

Valid entries for this are:
"NoPlural", "TwoForms", "French", "Gaelige", "Russian", "Polish",
"Slovenian",
"Lithuanian".

Sorry for not coming up with fancier names. I also added two
example uses, so I have something to play with if you translate it.
Remember that you need to translate these to as many lines as your
language requires. If not, the program will abort and tell you. This
will of course give strange results, so be careful.

E.g. the languages with "NoPlural", should translate this to
msgstr "%n directories" without any newline.

#: kdecore/klocale.cpp:1314
#, c-format
msgid ""
"_n: %n directory\n"
"%n directories"
msgstr ""

#: kdecore/klocale.cpp:1315
#, c-format
msgid ""
"_n: %n file\n"
"%n files"
msgstr ""

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.