List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: line breaks
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-29 12:42:03

"Erik K. Pedersen" wrote:

> I wonder what the reason for the crazy line breaks is. They were not always
> there. They do not bother me much when I translate, I have sort of gotten
> used ot them, but they mean that none of  scripts to find stuff work as well
> as before. An example
>
> #!/bin/sh
> for i in `echo *.po | sed 's/\.po//g'`
> do
> echo $i
> grep \&$i\; $i.po >s
> grep \&$i $i.po >t
> diff s t
> done
>
> finds whether I have forgotten the final ; when I write, say, &kmines;
>
> I don't know how to script this to find
> &kmi
> nes

The crazy linebreaks are done by the script that fixes the utf-8
linebreaks.
I guess it could be done smarter (and directly in xgettext for that
mater).

You can change your script in
  echo $i
+ msgmerge -o $i.new $i $i
+ i=$i.new
  grep ...

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.