List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: patch for abbrowser (2nd request)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-27 1:20:45

On Monday 26 February 2001 11:59, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Hi
> I found some useful titles and suffixes - some thougths/questions
>
> * this list should be expandable by the user
> * dots (and blanks?) in the strings seem to break the match
> * How do we deal with the many country specifc titles. (as you probably
> know we have a lot of them in Austria ;-)

Is this the way to go? Because I can imagine that not all titles can be
translated 1:1. Maybe it would be better to have one i18n("string") that
contians all the titles and then split them up during runtime. Then the
translators can add additional titles when they see fit.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com