List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: broken formatted tooltips?
From:       Francois-Xavier Duranceau <duranceau () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-02-25 21:07:25

David Faure a écrit :

> On Sunday 25 February 2001 16:10, Francois-Xavier Duranceau wrote:
> > I noted that the following tip is displayed as plain text if there's no
> > <qt>...</qt>. I'm using Qt from qt-copy. Does somebody has the same
> > problem with an official Qt version? Anyway it would be perhaps safer to
> > add these <qt> markups...
>
> The detection of richtext is done on the first N bytes.
> I guess it works in English (because it's shorter) and it breaks in "longer" languages.
but it worked before...

> The <qt> markups should be added - although you could add them out of the i18n() call
> if you want to avoid breaking the translations.

adding them in the code helps the translater knowing whether he can use
qml entities (I'm thinking of non breaking spaces for example) without
running the application. If you agree I'll add the <qt> tags each time I
find problems in the french translations to avoid the same issues for
other languages.

fx
--
Francois-Xavier DURANCEAU