List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    The new tarball
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-02-21 17:52:43

Hi all,

David started building a new tarball at the end of this morning. This new
tarball builds perfectly :-) - excepted one small patch needed for sl/ to
build correctly. David will forward this patch to kde-packagers@kde.org.

David Faure did really a great job as release master and the new kde-i18n-2.1
tarball rocks! Thank you David.

All the DocBook docs are rendered with no errors nor warnings anymore :-),
excepted for the new zh_TW.Big5 docs for which we lack style sheets. If the
responsible for this team hears me, he should contact Frederic Fouvry who
will be able to assist him constructing those style sheets.

As I have other urgent things to do this week, and since I'm on vacation next
week, I won't start any of the big changes planned soon. And in any case,
I'll be doing a lot of tests before using po files to translate docs - if we
ever do.

So I'd like to encourage every team to continue translating new and update
existing docs with the old good method, using flat text files and "cvs diff".
Now is the right moment for working on docs, because you'll be quiter on the
po files front in the next weeks.

I don't think I have much use of a "fixes" branch for my upcoming big
changes. I think they are better off in the main branch. Of course it's only
a personal opinion.