List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE Control Center
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-20 5:50:28

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:21:15 +0100 (CET), Marko Rosic wrote:

>Well... as a web designer and a translator I have to say that this
>depends from a point's of view :)

Well, don't worry about me in this respect (I'm a one man DTP and web
design company myself).

>As a translator I am for translating it... because english text looks
>stupid surrounded by translated text.
>My suggestion is we should write down the translations into one file...
>and give it to kde-look team to take care of the rest.
>They can make images for all languages, and also consider design changes
>wich may occure in some languages (Text too long, non latin etc.)
>All images should be same width and height... and that is the problem with
>images.

Another problem will be that we already have a lot of non-latin
languages and that we will be getting more of these shortly (which are
not even all yet completely Unicode supported, AFAIK). Not speaking of
right-to-left running languages like Hebrew and (hopefully soon) Arabic
or Farsi and the administration work that comes with maintaining such a
file.

I just wonder who would like to jump through all these hoops just to
preserve a shadow. But, after all, this will not be my problem -- if it
only works. ;-)

Regards,

Thomas

---