List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: bloated docbook files
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-01-30 16:22:59

Le Dimanche 14 Janvier 2001 23:38, Szántó Tamás a écrit :
> 1) A significant part of the "aktion" documentation
> (roughly 1000 lines!) describes the C++ classes used
> by the program - technical stuff like this should be
> put into a separate plain text document.
>
> 2) The helpcenter KDE FAQ docbook file is *huge*, most
> i18n teams will never have enough time to translate
> this completely (and keep track of the changes).

We could split it into many separate docbook files,
like we did for the control center documentation.
This without reducing the size of the FAQ.

A good idea could even be to do some Makefile magic
to add the untranslated parts at compile time by copying them from
the English directories.

Frederik, Coolo, Cheng, what do you think about this idea?