List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: New ktip ?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-28 11:14:09

Thomas Diehl wrote:

> Am Samstag, 27. Januar 2001 13:24 schrieb Kalle Dalheimer:
> > On Saturday 27 January 2001 12:33, you wrote:
> > > What about a new kandalf's tip like:
> > >
> > > "KDE is translated in many language. You can change the country and
> > > language with the Control Center or in
> > > K-Menu->Settings->Personalization->Country & Language
> > >     [Icon of i18n]"
> > >
> > > Could be nice if it will be the first tooltip, many users do not use i18n
> > > because they do not know it exists.
> > >
> > > Could we break message freeze for this ? If so, kalle could you please
> > > add it ?
> >
> > I have a considerable collection of new tips by now, if I get the go from
> > the translators, I can add all of them.
>
> Please go ahead. (Aber vergiss bitte nicht, den Sprachen-Tip als ersten zu
> plazieren;-)

It's pointless to have any tip as first tip. _All_ tips are there because the
user may not know the functionality exists. Switching languages is nothing special
in that respect

Greetings, Stephan

--
It's my true belief that people having wishes for the bug report tool
and report it to the author haven't got the idea behind open source.