List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    bloated docbook files
From:       Szántó_Tamás <TSzanto () MOL ! hu>
Date:       2001-01-14 22:38:11

1) A significant part of the "aktion" documentation
(roughly 1000 lines!) describes the C++ classes used
by the program - technical stuff like this should be
put into a separate plain text document.

2) The helpcenter KDE FAQ docbook file is *huge*, most
i18n teams will never have enough time to translate
this completely (and keep track of the changes).

I know it's easier to maintain a single document, but
couldn't the application specific parts be removed
from here and/or replaced by links/references to online
pages? Only those questions should remain here that
are typically useful to a newbie KDE user.

Topics like:

a) How can I get Backspace to work correctly under KDE?
b) Does KDE have terminal emulators with transparent
background?
c) Why does KDE not use gtk, xforms, xlib, whatever?

should be discussed elsewhere - it's a pain in the
translator's a$$ to translate dozens of questions
like these.

Tamas Szanto
tszanto@mol.hu
the Hungarian i18n team