List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Dead keys
From:       Logi Ragnarsson <logir () logi ! org>
Date:       2001-01-06 21:30:18

Žann laugardagur  6. janśar 2001 22:13 skrifaši Gregor Zumstein:
> Am Samstag,  6. Januar 2001 04.26 schrieb Logi Ragnarsson:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm working on the Icelandic translation and there are serious problems
> > with dead keys on my system running either the 2.0.1 release or the 2.1
> > beta. I don't know if this was also present on the 2.0 release.
>
> Using KDE 2.0.1 and KDE 2.1b with the Swiss German keyboard layout, no
> problem with deadkeys neither in konsole nor elsewhere. Don't know if this
> is a problem with debian (I use SuSE) or the XServer or the Islandic
> keyboard layout respectively.

I tried reomving all references to Icelandic from the XF86Config file and
switched to US layout with dead accents and even tried the Swiss German
layout, but the dead keys didn't appear in konsole or the alt-F2 dialogue.
I'm fairly confeident that it's not the Icelandic layout.

As for the xserver I'm running, it is:
logir@calvin:logir$ dpkg -l | grep xse
ii  xserver-common 3.3.6-11potato files and utilities common to all X servers
ii  xserver-svga   3.3.6-savage.1 X server for SVGA graphics cards

It could also simply be the debian packaging.

Could people try switching to f.ex. U.S. English with dead keys or some other
layout that uses dead keys to see whether it is the xserver or the debian
packages causing this?

--
Logi Ragnarsson - logir@logi.org
Some day we all shall be out of scope