Tinkl Lukáš wrote: > > Hi John, > > > In the process of fixing bugs and adding features (mostly existing > > features which were incomplete or stubbed out) to kiconedit > > and kpaint, > > I would like to add new text strings for menu items and labels. This > > may cause hardships for translators if the translations for these > > strings can't be done in time for 2.1. Therefore, I've decided > > tentatively not to add the new text strings, but that means that some > > gui features won't have labels. Their use should be self-evident, > > though, in these simple apps. > > > > Specifically, I've changed the "sidebar" in kpaint to a toolbar and > > discovered that it is easy add custom widgets to a kde toolbar, > > achieving the same functionality as the old sidebar and much > > more, like > > allowing the user to dock the toolbar anywhere. None of the items in > > the old sidebar (the preview widget and the two color widgets) had > > labels. Without labels these items are still usable, but labels > > certainly help. Add labels or not? > > I think you may without any hesitation add the new strings you require. It's > OK as long as we are not in a message freeze. This should AFAIK happen > _after_ XMAS, so if you want to do it, do it now :) > > > Of cource new menu items absolutely require text strings, so perhaps I > > should wait until after 2.1 to add these. Or, how to notify > > translators? > > You better send a CC to kde-i18n-doc. > > Regards, > Lukas Tinkl [lukas@kde.org] > Czech KDE team > That's what I will do right now in replying to this. Thanks, John