List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Accelerators
From:       Matthias Kiefer <matthias.kiefer () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-10-27 10:50:04

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 07:14:27PM +0000, Eric Bischoff wrote:
> Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> >
> > Qt Linguist has some advantages (context), but as the KDE code is not
> > prepared to handle this, we basically should continue with KBabel and
> > klocale, I'd say.
I don't see the real advantage of the Qt translation system compared
to gettext as we use it now. Besides the fact, that the classname of
the widget can (is?) used as context information.

You know, that I am prejudiced because I am the author of KBabel,
but I see no advantage of Qt linguist compared to KBabel, besides, that you
can edit the phrasebook within the linguist. There are rather some features
missing.
The press release really shouts a little bit too loud for my ears.

Just my 2 cents... ;-)

kind regards,
   Matthias
--