List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE_2_0_BRANCH: kdelibs/khtml/rendering
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-21 22:24:00

On Saturday 21 October 2000 22:08, Francois-Xavier Duranceau wrote :

>> > If the developpers agree for maintaining their stuff between the
>> > semi-release and the full release it's ok.
>>
>> They should as the x.x.1 (or whatever version) should be considered
>> their chance to fix the bugs they oversaw before making the "full"
>> version a very good one :)
>>
>But look at 2.0.1. There's almost no activity in this branch despite all
>the opened bug reports.

Oh no, here we go again.
I thought this branch was asked for by the _translators_, to release a
"better translated" version of KDE 2.0.

Developers can't just work on two branches, it's a hell, the past has shown it.
The bugfixes, most of them (ie. all of them except the security and really critical fixes),
will be done in HEAD, not in the branch. Didn't you read kde-core-devel for the
past 3 days ?

I thought we could work this way, with icons, translations and documentation
being improved in the 2.0.1 branch, and code being improved in HEAD,
in order to release 2.0.1 as soon as possible (say 4-5 weeks) to provide a more
complete KDE 2.0, and to release 2.1 after that, as early as possible as well
(say 2-3 months).

Isn't that what we want to do ?

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/