List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kikbd for KDE 2.0
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () work ! ro>
Date:       2000-10-20 10:42:10

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. I have a keymap (ta.kimap) for my language
> > Tamil, that was written for kikbd. can i use the same
> > keymap for kxkb? please let me know how to? thanks
> >
> Not at all. kxkb is a frontend to XKB.

  For Romanian users is very frustating to not have "sh" and "Sh"
diacritics.
xkb romanian file is broken here. How we cope with this
situation? Tell them to download xmodmap.ro and and fire
"xmodmap xmodmap.ro" in their .Xclients file?
  From this point of view kikbd is better. Without pointing
that with kikbd I can make my own keycode-code files to use
WIN keys like F13...F15 (and use for K menu :).

--
Claudiu Costin
<claudiuc@work.ro>