List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Offtopic!
From:       Kim Enkovaara <kenkovaa () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       2000-10-19 10:26:14

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Eric Bischoff wrote:

> I completly agree. My KDE 2 keeps crashing every minute, many
> applications don't even start, and kdenetwork even had to be comiled
> with make -i (but maybe I missed some last-minute changes for this one).

Do you have debian packages? I have heard from quite many friends that
there is/has been something wrong with debian packages. I have compiled
KDE 2.0 directly from source for a long time and everything seems to be
very stable (maybe KDE 1.0 was a little more stable, but it contained
smaller code base). Sure there are some small problems sometimes but at
some point the decision has to be made to release something.

I haven't seen critical crash for months, sure konqueror has crashed with
some web pages during last months but it is as stable as netscape.
Now konqueror even seems to be more stable than netscape.