List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Offtopic!
From:       Florin Boariu <florin () bnv-bamberg ! de>
Date:       2000-10-18 19:18:49

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Wolfram Diestel wrote:

> Je Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Stephan Kulow skribis:
> >
> >We had betas for months, did you report a bug?  Most people think,
> >KDE is stable.
>
> Mhm, There are some bugs at bugs.kde.org, which are
> not corrected yet. From a users point of view, KDE2
> now is as stable as my Netscape. If this is sufficient...

I think in concerns of stability, Netscape has a lot to learn from KDE2
(at least my netscape 4.61). KDE2 is quite stable -- so far. Ok, kword
krashes when I try to import .DOC files, but that might be a feature
aswell :)

> Personally, I think a longer period without adding functionality
> would make it better and would bring more applications
> ported from KDE1. But I see, that it's difficult to wait
> until Christmas. ;-) KDE 2.01 will be that perfect thing.

No it won't. But chances are that it'll be better :)

florin.
--
[...] try this new version instead, which many people believe to
      be the perfect compromise between new and old bugs. :)

	-- announce of ircII 2.9 "roof"