List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Fwd: Re: Post release vs. releasing with 2.0.1
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-06 6:11:41

>Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:40:15 +0200
>From: Francois-Xavier Duranceau <duranceau@free.fr>
>To: Thomas Diehl <thd@kde.org>
>Subject: Re: Post release vs. releasing with 2.0.1

Thomas Diehl wrote:

Hi,

I have to say that I disagree with this strategy. Branching the
translations just means that all the work/fixes done between 2.0 and
2.0.1 has to be done twice (in both 2.0.x and HEAD branch). As KDE 2.0.1
is supposed to happen only 3-4 weeks after 2.0 I'd prefer maintaining
the translations in HEAD and start working on 2.1 when 2.0.1 is out.
This avoids duplicate work (and CVS misuse).

Another issue coming to my mind is the "release packages separately"
proposal (by Waldo IIRC). I don't understand how this can work because
ASA a message will change in kdelibs after 2.0 it will break the
translations for kdelibs separate release between 2.0 and 2.1.

FX

--
Francois-Xavier DURANCEAU
mailto:duranceau@free.fr, mailto:duranceau@kde.org