List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Docs question?
From:       Marko Rosic <roske () mainstream ! co ! yu>
Date:       2000-09-30 13:08:06

Today Eric Bischoff wrote:

| I'm starting to think that I will remove everything that is about:
| - starting from sources
| - compiling yourself jade
| - writing your own scripts
| from the INSTALL file.
|
| People just seem to read only the most complicated stuff and forget
| about the very simplest:
| - where to download the RPMs
| - which packages you need
| - in which order ot install them

Not all people are using Red Hat like systems with RPM support. There are
many users who use Slackware, or some other distro's that does not support
RPM, don't forget non Linux users.

Compiling from sources is not commonly complicated, but instaling
sgml/docbook support is, because there are no install scripts or
explanation where to copy files, how to create catalogs.

I have read kdelibs/ksgmltools/INSTALL many times, and still I don't know
how to install it form sources, and I realy can't use RPM even if that is
the simplest way.

Pozdrav/Regards,
Roske

--
The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog