List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Translations of KPilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2000-09-28 10:15:58

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> >[Speaking of which: are the translation teams
> >actually *working* on obscure stuff like KPilot?
> Some of them do. But since translators were told back in July that of
> kdepim only korganizer would be released I don't expect there are many
> of them.
Aha. Excellent. Then I don't really have to feel guilty about my string
changes yesterday. Once the rush for KDE2 is over then maybe we can start
on KPilot translations (since it's a pretty nifty part of kdepim, IMHO).
We (the KPilot team) already have English, German and Dutch translations
and just don't know what to do (officially) with them.

> >I've never heard from any
> >of the translators -- but maybe the KDE2 organization is such that there
> >needn't be any interaction between developers and translators.]
> There _is_ a big need for interaction. I can only ask everybody to CC
> the translators mailing list at kde-i18n-doc@kde.org with everything
> that concerns their job. Translators simply cannot wade through all
> postings on kde-devel and kde-core-devel to filter out this stuff
> themselves.
OK! Done that. I guess this makes me the part of the KPilot team
"most-in-charge" of translations and translation-help.

ade