List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Translations for KDE2 Release Candidate
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-25 14:51:28

Hi,

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel asked me to send him a list of the languages
for the KDE2 Release Candidate until Thursday. This will be the last
version to go out before the definite 2.0 release. (As you know by now:
in 2.0 we will only include languages which are reported as being
"ready for release" by the translation coordinators listed at
http://i18n.kde.org/teams/. Languages that are not reported as "ready"
can either be included in a post-release a few weeks later or postponed
until 2.01, 2.1, whatever. If we don't get any feedback on the status
of the language we will remove the team data after the 2.0 release and
regard the language as unmaintained.)

I'm attaching a preliminary list of what looks like candidates for the
main and the post release at the moment. It is based on the data from
the status table at http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/kde2-beta-status.html
and still can change until definite release.

Please send me any feedback which should be considered in this area
until Wednesday (apart from checking if I forgot somebody, of course).
I'm especially unsure regarding the teams in the right column. Some of
them show a lot of activity but may not make it until either release.
Others had pretty good figures during the beta but were going back in
the last weeks. I would appreciate any feedback in private mail from
these teams about their plans.

BTW: according to the status table, two teams still haven't converted
desktop.po to UTF-8 (Spanish and Traditional Chinese). I have to remind
you again that desktop.po MUST be in UTF-8 in order to work with KDE2
and that it is also strongly recommended to convert all other PO files
to that format.

Regards,

Thomas

Main release    |      Post release