List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Fwd: XML stylesheet editor
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () andamooka ! org>
Date:       2000-09-25 8:32:23

You might be well served if you take a look a KLyX.  It's an editor for
LaTeX, LinuxDoc and probably other types of markup-style documents.  Perhaps
you could add generic XSL editing to this app.

Other important points:
	- KLyX is being (or going to be) ported to KOffice
	- KLyX already has lots of useful features
	- I love it!  I used it to write my thesis (LaTeX)

Dave

>From: "Chris Willmot" <chris@willmot.co.uk>
>To: <kde-devel@kde.org>
>Subject: XML stylesheet editor
>Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:59:50 +0100

I'm planning to write an XSL editor (a what?) and KDE seems to be the best
enviroment to use.

This would allow WYSIWYG editing of DocBook documents (for example).  The
user would be able to select position/style and other processing a la
desktop publishing.  These user choices would be encoded in a (replaceable)
XSL stylesheet.  As well as a rendering of the stylesheet to a KDE widget,
there will hopefully be a transformation into Postscript.  Transformations
into HTML will probably be two a penny by the time I get that lot done. ;-)

Can anyone please tell me:

(a) If anyone is working on an XML parser based on Qt/KDE?

(b) Are there any XML editors for KDE in the pipeline?

(c) Is there a team already working on anything similar?
--
http://www.andamooka.org/~dsweet