List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translation of _...
From:       Kim Enkovaara <kenkovaa () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       2000-09-06 5:44:20

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Juraj Bednar wrote:

> > I would like to remember everyone that texts starting with _: are
> > not to be translated literaly! Only the second line is the one to
>
> It can't be translated or it doesn't have to be translated?

It can't be translated (if you want correct results). If you do that it
will show in the result string of the translated program. The translated
string should look like this

msgid "_: (foobar)\n"
      "Message to translate"
msgstr "Translated message"

I noticed this when I first time started to test my translations :)