List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Word wrap (was: Trash)
From:       Stephan Johach <lucardus () onlinehome ! de>
Date:       2000-08-31 9:42:15

Hi,

Am Don, 31 Aug 2000 schrieb Thomas Diehl:
>On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:09:24 +0200, Tinkl Luká wrote:
>Last time I checked it was the same with "home". What bothers me even
>more, however, is the problem with the ugly line wrapping as soon as
>the real long German translation for "home" is used. This looks like
>this
[...]
>I have brought this up several times in the devel lists. There was some
>feedback on how the problem could be resolved but, so far, I don't see
>any change.
>
>What about others? I know there are languages with even longer words
>than German. And, by and by, I'm getting really worried that this
>behavior won't be changed until the release.

When I switch to "german" none of the desktop entries are readable,
because I switched to 100 dpi Fonts recently. I'm afraid the developers
use only the english desktop. It looks really ugly. And I'm sure at
least the the german users will report this a BUG! If KDE will get
an article in the german ct magazine (best german computer magazine, they
are very critical!), I'm sure they will cry out loud. And if so they are
right!

Where are the developers using german or any other language?

We are going to get a shipload of reports about this word wrapping
behaviour. Or should we all go back to filenames like dplabt.txt
instead of "Diplomarbeit.txt". If so, then put a hint in the tip dialog.
"Never use filenames langer than 6 characters on your desktop!"
This is bad GUI. :-(

Regards,
Stephan

--
Der Träumer nur vergiftet seinen Tag
Und trägt mehr Leid, als seinen Sünden ziemt.