List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KNode and the release schedule
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2000-07-24 12:37:25

Hi,

Good news:
We have all core functionality we wanted for this release
in place (viewing and posting of mime-messages, multiple
newsservers, etc.), so we will comply with the feature
freeze, as long small additions that don't touch any
core functionality are allowed.

Unfortunately, we all had a too little time for KNode
in the past weeks (exams, Christian Thurner works on his
diploma thesis, working on stuff in kdebase at Trysil),
so there are still some issues:

We would like to make KNode compilant to the GNKSA-test,
because a) most criterias of the test are usefull,
b) the recent announcement states that we are already
compilant (it wasn't my idea to include this, and as far
as I can remember this statement was not in the first
version), so we have to get it done. This involves
not much new code but a bunch of new messages in
warning messages.

The options dialog is currently a little bit broken,
some options are missing, others need to be renamed or
need warning messages.

I want to ask for permission to break the string freeze
in kdenetwork for the next ~2 weeks to resolve these
issues.

Christian