List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Beta Problems
From:       JK <el97146 () central ! ntua ! gr>
Date:       2000-07-17 13:38:50

Hi,
I just downloaded kde1.91, installede it on SuSE 6.4 and I think it' s the
coolest UI in the world.
Yet, the main reason I installed it was for checking my translations, and
I have a few problems there.
First of all, I can't get Greek messages in my Desktop, although I have
a greek desktop.mo in my /opt/kde2/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES directory.
Same goes for kcmemail, and probably a few portions of kdelibs.

Konqueror, and konqueror's configuration modules though, are totally
greekalized (I just copied the relevant MOs in the above dir and a Greek
konqueror was waiting for my commands. Seeing the  strange messages I was
fighting with in action was a great feeling!).

Perhaps the beta version of kde2 doesn't look for greek desktop.mo like it
should? I don't think so, but I would appreciate a few instructions on setting
up a greek desktop.

Thanks