stefan@i-2000.com wrote: > > Well I can sympathize with both sides on this... (is that even allowed? :^) > but maybe some sort of compromise is possible? > I know that there are some towns in Germany which share the same > name (e.g. Frankfurt) and maybe we can use a similar convention > for referring to countries as we use for referring to towns? > E.g. with Frankfurt we have "Frankfurt (am Main)" and "Frankfurt (an der Oder)". > So maybe we can use "Macedonia (former Yogoslavic Republic of)" ? > > Then at least people can find their locale by looking at the > alphabetic order... > Well, I agree with what has been said that the "former..." is crap. So I would follow you in suggesting "Macedonia (Republic of)" Greetings, Stephan -- ... but you ain't had mine