List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: Macedonia
From:       Xenitellis S <S.Xenitellis () rhbnc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-07-06 18:33:00

> ----------

The official name of the mentioned country (according to the UN) is
the one noted above, that is "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".
There is a dispute between Greece and the mentioned country over the use
of "Macedonia".

I do not want to get in the details since they are irrelevant to this list,
my recommendation is to use the official name by the UN.

Lists of names included in software should follow standards. For example,
for two-letter language encoding, one would use the ISO-629-2 standard and
not define new languages just for the sake of the specific problem.

Thanks,
Simos Xenitellis