List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kmail, regexp
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-18 22:20:04

Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Son, 18 Jun 2000, Rinse de Vries wrote:
>
> > #: kmfldsearch.cpp:413
> > matches RegExp
>
> Well, I wrote that... I think it's okay as this option will be used
> by advanced users only.
>
> As translation, I would suggest "RegExp" :-) Or just translate it
> literally, e.g. in German there's "regulärer Ausdruck".

I think it's more important that there is a good QWhatsThis help
for such options so you could name it RegExp (in English) and
have it explained to people wanting to becomea power user. How
do you expect people to become advanced users if they have to
have programmed perl or study computer science (these options
should be quite mutal exclusive :) to use all kmail features?
So I would favor regular expression for English too.

Greetings, Stephan

--
... but you ain't had mine