List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    desktop.po (Norwegian Bokmal) and recode
From:       Andy Rysin <arysin () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-06-08 23:18:57

Hello everybody!

got problem with converting UTF8 <-> KOI8-RU (or any
other cyrillic codepage).
recode refuses to accept danish 'a' with 'o' on top in
"Norwegian (Bokmal)" when deals with cyrillic. A can
make workaround manually each time I convert but... :(
Could we please replace it with 'a' for plane Latin
characters?

And second question, sorry if not for this list,
recode does not work properly with Ukrainian charset
KOI8-U, while everything is fine with KOI8-RU. By the
way KOI8-RU should be superset for KOI8-U AFAIK but it
isn't in recode, may be this is a problem.

I reported the bug to recode maintainers but got no
reply. :(((

Thanks,
Andy