List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: date in desktop.po
From:       Logi Ragnarsson <logir () logi ! org>
Date:       2000-06-07 8:20:25

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 02:07:31PM +0200, Jacek Stolarczyk wrote:

> BTW: Is it possible to use non ascii characters in basic (English) Name=
> fields in desktop files? (see kde-i18n/no/messages/entry.desktop line
> Name=Norwegian (@#$%)) Its hard to understand what @#$% means (Bokm...?)
> not to mention translating it.

Just in case anyone is curious, this string says "Norwegian (Bokmal)" with a
circumflex over the a, i.e. a little ring. Norwegians have two languages,
sort of. One is the modern Norwegian, heavily influenced by Danish, while
the other was constructed from various northern dialects.

I just can't remember which is which, but I *think* bokmål is the
pseudo-constructd one.

--
Logi Ragnarsson <logir@logi.org>      PGP/GPG key ID: 1024R/42935585