List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: 045f   =?iso-8859-2?Q?=FF?=   CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER DZHE
From:       Danko Ilik <danko () mindless ! com>
Date:       2000-05-31 10:12:20

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Hans Petter Bieker wrote:
> > preferences/fonts.  What hapens is that when an aplication
> > needs such a font, I guess, it cannot match the encoding and
> > falls back other fonts and then high-latin and question
> > marks are diplayed.  If you have kfontmanager you could
> > disable all fonts but the truetype and the application would
> > not have where to fall back.  But now i have it compiled.
>
> Starte the config module for language & country, and then choose a
> different charset. Did that help? ;-)

:) It's not that streightforward.  There is definitely some
problem with KDE2 handling fonts, because I can fully use
those cyrillic TTF through xfstt in non-kde programs.  It
could be that it cannot digest something because of a font
represented by a single
-ttf-verdana-medium-r-normal-regular-0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-5
and not with multiple entries about sizes.

BTW, can anyone change the font in the window-titlebar? :)

Maybe I should report this, but whom to?  kfontmanager
developers, kdebase developers?  Can someone give a hint on
this?

I write here on the asumption that fonts are vital to l10n
and in hope of someone having the same problems.  ;)

--
danko@mindless.com
Macedonian KDE l10n coordinator