List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Reminder: KDE 1.90 release plan
From:       Francois-Xavier Duranceau <duranceau () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-05-01 13:38:29

Thomas Diehl wrote:

> On Mon, 01 May 2000 14:26:45 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> >But saying KDE2 is translated to Icelandic and then not even the basic
> >appear in that language is wrong too. I say, we drop Icelandic and
> >Slovak
> >and the language can be released whenever they're ready. I haven't heard
> >a lot of both teams and just because they _were_ active, doesn't mean
> >the
> >language is supported. Sorry - but somewhere we have to draw the border.
>
> I'd just say we shouldn't be too strict. For instance Estonian,
> Italian, Croatian, Makedonian and maybe others would be in if we only
> draw the line at, say 85%. Also it seems pretty rough to drop the
> French stuff. I'd suggest taking a good look at that statistics (which
> should be visible by now at http://i18n.kde.org/teams/kde2-beta-status.html).

Sorry for coming so late in the discussion but I don't see the point. I,
as french team leader, don't understand where the problem is not having
reached this 90% translated stuff. Do you mean that teams that don't
have reach this status won't have their files released in KDE 1.90 (or
KDE 2.x)? Why?

Obviously the files are not 90% translated in french at the moment
(mainly because recently I worked hard on KDevelop 1.2) but KDE 2.0
_will_ be fully translated in french. I can promise this.

So could you be more clear about the deadlines, the release schedules
(generally the several weeks before the release are used to finalize the
translations, right?), the release strategy for the translation teams...

Regards,

FX
--
Francois-Xavier DURANCEAU