List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Reminder: KDE 1.90 release plan
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-30 14:26:06

Roman Maurer wrote:

> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> > I meant, you can release the translations independent of the
> > sources/KDE itself. [...] you can rerelease that one without problems
> > and I'm sure  distributions that are strong in your country would
> > pick them up.
>
> Surely I could, but then again I could do the same thing for KDE 2.0,
> yet it is easier to use main CVS.
>
> It's not that we won't fix 1.1.2 - in fact, we are already planning
> KDE 1.1.2 with improved Slovenian translations - but it would be
> much easier for us to use cvs.kde.org and branches and forget about
> translation distributions - let the Linux & FreeBSD disitribution
> maintainers fetch the current translations along with the last
> stable KDE.

Well, you can of course still upload your fixes to the KDE_1_1_BRANCH,
but there is no guarantee, that distributions get the files out of
cvs. And doing a release is major work, noone will do that for you ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.