List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kdebase/kcontrol/knotify
From:       Charles <charles () altair ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-04-16 19:17:40

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hans Petter Bieker wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Charles wrote:
> >
> > > Y'all should know about this.  translate "friendly", "description", and
> > > "appname" fields
> >
> > This will go into desktop.po. Please don't start translating yet.
> >
> And I think I told you, not to use "description" and "appname", but
> "Name"
> and "Comment" as these are the standard names for translating. And for
> "friendly"
> you could find another word which fits a bit more

Yep. I got this cleared up about 10 minutes after I sent this mail, and I
hadn't seen it on lists.kde.org, so I thought it didn't liking me sending it
(since I'm not subscribed).

But anyway, it's Name and Comment now.  "friendly" is now Name.  The two
won't interfere with each-other anyway.

-Charles