List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Unidentified subject!
From:       Matthias Kiefer <matthias.kiefer () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-04-01 12:13:21

Hi,

Am Fre, 31 Mär 2000 schrieb U. Mohan Varma:
> Hello!
> 	I am very new to this list, and wanted to translate KDE to Telugu.  I
> successfully installed KDE2 and KBabel.  I tried to use KBabel for
> translation, but havn't understood the method of inserting character codes
> of my language.  I apreciate any directions in this regard very much.
Do you mean inserting language specific characters? If you can insert this
characters in another text editor, it should also work for KBabel.

I am no expert at this things, but maybe you will have to set the font used
by KDE? You can do this in KControl. Or maybe you have to set the "LANG"
environment variable to your language code, so QT is able to choose the right
encoding?

kind regards,
   Matthias
--