List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ksgmltools troubles
From:       Frederik Fouvry <fouvry () sfs ! nphil ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-03-23 10:30:38

,-- On Wed, 22 Mar, Laurent LARZILLERE wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I tried to install the ksgmltools and I had the following :
|  /usr/bin/install -c kdb2html /usr/local/bin/kdb2html
| /bin/sh ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
| /usr/bin/install -c  ./patches/db2ps /usr/local/bin
| patch /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf ./patches/texmf.cnf
| patching file /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
| Hunk #1 FAILED at 371.
| Hunk #2 FAILED at 380.
| Hunk #3 FAILED at 393.
| Hunk #4 FAILED at 437.
| 4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf.rej
| make[2]: [install-data-local] Error 1 (ignored)
| make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cvs.kde.org/kdesdk/ksgmltools'
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cvs.kde.org/kdesdk/ksgmltools'
|
| So, I can't compile docbook file. Somebody can help me ?

My guess is that the file the patch is based on, and your file are not
in sync, so that the patch failed.  The patch is not very hard to make
by hand: just add in the relevant JadeTeX entries
(<setting>.jadetex).  They should be easily derivable from the patch
file (every setting is just one line).  The only thing that you should
need to take care of is that size settings come before the default
value, i.e. before the value without any `extension'.  For instance:
save_size.context = 5000
save_size.jadetex = 15000
save_size = 4000        % for saving values outside current group

These are some settings, but I don't know if they're big enough:
(produced with grep -i jade .../texmf.cnf on RedHat 6.1):

TEXINPUTS.jadetex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{jadetex,plain,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.pdfjadetex = .;$TEXMF/{pdftex,tex}/{jadetex,plain,generic,}//
hash_extra.jadetex = 25000
pool_size.jadetex = 750000
max_strings.jadetex = 55000
save_size.jadetex = 15000

Should JadeTeX not run with the values in the patch file, just make
set the values to something bigger.  (This is not just a strange
procedure for my installation, it's something that one needs to do for
JadeTeX :-( - hopefully this will go away in future.  JadeTeX just
needs a huge amount of memory because of the way the macros are
written: every element in the text gets its own label, regardless of
whether it's used or not ...).

BTW: you don't need JadeTeX if you're not going to produce any TeX
files from the documentation.  The conversion to HTML works without
this patch.

Best,

Frederik Fouvry
KDE DocBook Team