List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: cvs.kde.org versus i18n.kde.org
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-22 10:14:37

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi Sebastià,
>
> > >From time to time I've noticed differences between the files get
> > through cvs (and seen via the web cvs front end) and the ones
> > published by i18n.kde.org.
> > The highscore file is different and so are the *.po files. The ones
> > in i18n.kde.org seem to be the correct ones. Has any other team
> > experienced the same problem? If so, which is the cause and
> > how can be solved?
> The highscore file is created via kde-i18n/Makefile.am. This is
> done by a huge script which runs (I think daily) and takes about
> 8 hours to complete (Stephan has a better overview about this, he
> wrote the script). This script runs on the i18n.kde.org server,
Well, it does more than just creating the highscore though :)

> and is picked up by a script which runs houry - if the highscore.html
> file in the CVS directory is newer it add some flavour (links) and
> creates language specific files and puts them directly onto the i18n
> server.
> The CVS.kde.org server is updated -- I think -- when the script is
> finished,
> which is appearantly later. The CVSUp severs and the web interface lag
> further behind [the cvs.kde.org server] (several hours).
> So that is the reason for (a) the slightly different appearance and (b)
> the timedifference.
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by *.po files. The files on i18n are
> definitly the same as in CVS (it gets them from there), but they might
> be
> newer than on CVSUp or WebCVS.

Yeah, it might very well be that the files are lagging for 10 hours or more.
But this is no big problem as most processes are all reentrant. :)

The worst happening is that you translate the files of yesterday and lag
then 24 hours in translation. But as your changes get merged back next day,
it will be real. But there shouldn't be any inconsistency in content on any
place when the date put in the .pot and .po files are the same.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.