I've got the tamil menus working in KDE programs using the translations done by Sivakumar. This is what I did: 1. cd to i18n-kde-ta 2. run msgfmt to creat the .mo file msgfmt -o kde.mo kdelibs.po 3. mkdir -p /usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES 4. copy the kde.mo file to the above directory 5. edit the file /usr/share/config/kcmlocalerc and add the following lines: [ta] Name=Tamil 6. I also translated the kedit.po file and copied it to the tamil locale directory /usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES (Question: How do I upload it ?) 7. Now go to Settings->Desktop->Language and select Tamil. Now start kedit from the K menu and the Tamil menu. ("Koopu", "Thoku" etc.) will appear (Remember to change the system font to a TSCII font, this can be done from K Menu-> System-> Desktop->Fonts) This procedure doesn't work for desktop (K Menu , etc) as the .po file needs to be in UTF8 format. We'd have to write a converter to get that going. (i.e. add TSCII to UTF8 support in recode/KBabel). Vasee