Federico Cozzi wrote: > > Hello! > > I am a new Italian KDE translator, and I recently discovered (translating > the .po files) that the user visible-strings (i.e. the text that appears > in the user interface) are full of tiny inconsistencies. > Example: > "Menu item ..." vs. "Menu item..." > That's normal, since every KDE programmer has his personal style; but > from the user's point of view, this fact is sub-optimal. > > Can someone take care of the "optimization" of user visible strings? I > think we can't ask the programmers to do this themselves. You very well *can* ask the programmers I would say :) As soon as an agreement is reached on a detail like the above and you detect a violation: cry out and ask the responsible developer to fix it. If there is none: post it on kde-devel for example. Harri.