On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:02:27 +0000, Stephan Kulow wrote: >> I thought we said earlier that license should NOT be translated, >> due to too many possible interpretations, and due to the fact that >> translators are probably not lawyers ? >> >> Or ? >> >Well, users still want to know what the license is about, no? It >can't be a one-to-one translation though due to the problems outlined >above. The main problem is probably that the translation of a license is not legally binding. Apart from that, there are good translations to quite a few languages at least for the GPL (see www.gnu.org/copyleft/copyleft.html#translations) I think this problem is just under thorough discussion in the docbook list. Regards, Thomas