List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ksgmltools-question
From:       Frederik Fouvry <fouvry () sfs ! nphil ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-01-25 10:25:27

,-- Op Mon, 24 Jan heb je me het volgende geschreven:

| Hi,
|
| I have a question about ksgmltools:

[...]

This is a known problem, which has been solved now.  The style sheet
was looping on some definitions that should not have been called in
the first place.

Frederik

,-- On Tue, 25 Jan, Claudiu Costin wrote:

|       This is a well known problem. This time is
| in debat on kde-docbook mailling list. Frederik
| tell this fixed, but personally I think no.
| ksgmltools from 22.01.2000 work the same for
| PostScript generation.

You'll have to give me more details then, because I get a TeX file
which looks acceptable.  jadetex is not installed, so I cannot run it
(I tried it once some months ago and it mucked up the TeX
installation, which may be fine if you don't use LaTeX, but I do all
the time).

|     Fast fix is to use cygnus-both.dsl on
| command line (or from db2ps). It work for me.
| If you use non-latin1 characters you need to
| convert 8bit chars at TeX sequence.
| This mean that you first generate tex file,
| second you convert non-latin1 chars and
| last you run for 3 times:
|       jadetex yourfile.tex
| If "babel" from TeX complain about \select@language
| nondefined (which is 100% sure if you're NL language)

Ho! Hang on!  There *is* a Dutch babel package (I think it was even
among the first ones to be created ;-)
\usepackage[dutch]{babel} or something like this (I normally only
write in English ...)

| you simply put in first line of TEX file:
|   \usepackage{netherland} or whatever

| Warning: jadetex don't handle correctly
| images!

Is under investigation.