List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    ksgmltools-question
From:       Rinse <rinse () kde ! nl>
Date:       2000-01-24 22:13:30

Hi,

I have a question about ksgmltools:

When I'm converting the file crash-course.docbook to html with the command:

db2html -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/kde.dsl crach-courxe.docbook

Jade creates in about 3 minutes the directory db2html-dir/ with the desired
HTML-files in it.

When I want to create Postscriptfiles from the same docbook file with the
command

db2ps -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/kde.dsl crash-cource.docbook

Jade keeps un running and running, until after 1/2 an hour I gave it the 'term'
signal.
after this a TeX file appears in my homedirectory.
This TeX file is 157744.00K ..

according to tail the last lines of this file are

<programlisting>
\Entity{lt}![ CDATA [
\Entity{lt}Para\Entity{gt}Dit is een DocBook-voorbeeld.\Entity{lt}/Para\Entity{gt}
]]\Entity{gt}
</programlisting>
</example>\endSeq{}\endSeq{}</programlisting>
\Seq%
{} \Seq%
{}  8<example>

Wicht means that I killed Jade when it was busy with line 1088 of the docbook
source. So about 2/3 of the file was converted to TeX in about 1/2 an hour.

I wonder, is this normal for conversions with db2ps?
I use Linux Mandrake 6.1 on a Pentium 166MMx, with 32 mb SDRAM and 128 MB SWAP.

Rinse