List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Ksgmltools/docbook bugs...
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       2000-01-17 16:28:29

Pfeew ! How much problems / suggestions !

I had started my new job and was ill too,
so I am answering very late to this
message. I'll see what I can do when
I'll be a bit more up to date with my KDE work.
In the meantime, perharps Frederik has some ideas
about your problems. Just the "docbook.css" point :
I'm afraid this file is part of the "Cygnus" distribution,
so we may not be able to modify it without risks.

I also don't forget your previous messages / attachements.

Thanks for your comprehension !

Eric

Claudiu Costin wrote:

>                 Dear docs/docbook team,
>
>   Please note some remarks of mine:
>
>  1) after make a "db2html" generation
>     the file "docbook.css" is set to "rwxr-xr-x"
>     I don't want this. It shouls be regular file,
>     not executable.
>
>  2) in the same "docbook.css" will be nice to
>     make strong style declarations, such:
>
>     P { font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif
>         font-size: 12pt;
>    ...... etc., for all tags
>   UL, LI, TABLE TD TH TR etc.
>
>     This will force Netscape 4.05 and such poor style
> browser to be more biased on rendering with
> apropriate style.
>
>   3) Now, "db2ps" generation. This explanation
> work with "iso8859-2/romanian" for which I hacked:
> So, how I make Postcript source?
>    a) "db2dvi somesource.docbook" to generate
>        tex source (dvi generation stops on lots of errors...)
>    b) to overpass dvi errors first I convert diacritics
>       chars (with codes >127) to latex/tex sequence eg: \u{a}, \c{s}
>       "ro-conv -x -l somesource.tex > newsource.tex"
>       (ro-conv it's a script made by me in Perl to cope with
>        diacritics to latex translation)
>    c) to supress babel errors messages at jadetex execution,
>       I insert "\usepackage{romanian} on first line of
>       "newsource.tex"
>    d) now all is fine and I do:
>        jadetex newsource.tex
>        jadetex newsource.tex
>        jadetex newsource.tex
>        dvips -t a4 -o newsource.ps newsource.dvi
>
>  REMARKS:
>    For docbook with images (e.g. PNG's) I've make
> eps files by hand, but bbox is set(or may be even unset)
> and images like screenshots spread across all the page,
> while in HTML rendering/positions is good.
>    Any help/fixing for this things?
>

> --
> o-------------------------------------------o
> Claudiu COSTIN       claudiuc@interplus.ro
> sysad ADComm.pub.ro  claudiuc@geocities.com
> Linux-KDE Romania    http://www.ro.kde.org
> Home page http://lion.ADComm.pub.ro/~claudiuc

                                           \^o~_.
     /V\         Toys story         \__  \/  (  V
     Tux                    Konqui         \__=v