List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Ksgmltools/docbook bugs...
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () interplus ! ro>
Date:       2000-01-08 17:13:08

                Dear docs/docbook team,

  Please note some remarks of mine:

 1) after make a "db2html" generation
    the file "docbook.css" is set to "rwxr-xr-x"
    I don't want this. It shouls be regular file,
    not executable.

 2) in the same "docbook.css" will be nice to
    make strong style declarations, such:

    P { font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif
        font-size: 12pt;
   ...... etc., for all tags
  UL, LI, TABLE TD TH TR etc.

    This will force Netscape 4.05 and such poor style
browser to be more biased on rendering with
apropriate style.

  3) Now, "db2ps" generation. This explanation
work with "iso8859-2/romanian" for which I hacked:
So, how I make Postcript source?
   a) "db2dvi somesource.docbook" to generate
       tex source (dvi generation stops on lots of errors...)
   b) to overpass dvi errors first I convert diacritics
      chars (with codes >127) to latex/tex sequence eg: \u{a}, \c{s}
      "ro-conv -x -l somesource.tex > newsource.tex"
      (ro-conv it's a script made by me in Perl to cope with
       diacritics to latex translation)
   c) to supress babel errors messages at jadetex execution,
      I insert "\usepackage{romanian} on first line of
      "newsource.tex"
   d) now all is fine and I do:
       jadetex newsource.tex
       jadetex newsource.tex
       jadetex newsource.tex
       dvips -t a4 -o newsource.ps newsource.dvi

 REMARKS:
   For docbook with images (e.g. PNG's) I've make
eps files by hand, but bbox is set(or may be even unset)
and images like screenshots spread across all the page,
while in HTML rendering/positions is good.
   Any help/fixing for this things?

--
Claudiu COSTIN       claudiuc@interplus.ro