List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KDE2 & KOffice i18n problem
From:       Tinkl_Lukás <Lukas.Tinkl () merlin ! cz>
Date:       2000-01-06 16:42:39

Hi,

i have me too some more questions about translating resp. i18n support in
KDE2 and KOffice. i've heard you developers don't use anything else than
iso8859-1. that's probably the problem. while translating koffice to the
czech language, i've come across several bugs(?) that prevented me from
writing (czech) accented characters. it may be a qt&unicode related bug; in
dialogs throughout the whole koffice everything works fine but in the
writing area of kword, kspread, kpresenter and others nothing works, or
rather the applications don't display anything. strange that in
killustrator, it worked fine, but only after i forced a czech (iso8859-2)
font. but here's a small bug too. when i save that file in killustrator, the
font's character set gets lost and killustrator just diplays question marks
instead of the accented characters.

thanx for your help and advise
(i think it's not early to conside those i18n problems now)

have a nice day

Lukás Tinkl
developer
Merlin s.r.o., Prague, CZ