Wolfram Diestel wrote: > > I wrote: > > >> If I use an unicode font they appear as the Latin-1-equivalents, > >> using a Latin-3 font I get question marks. So I suppose that > >> the translations in the *.po files are always treated > >> as Latin-1 when recoding with QString.fromLocal8Bit. > >> Setting LC_CTYPE to eo or eo.iso-8859-3 doesn't help. > > ... > > Stephan: > > > Hmm, my belief is that the charset is taken from the charset > > file installed. What I'm not too sure about is if it's taken > > into account in any way. I really don't know. But as you say > > I guess not. > > Hm I was a little bit confused by a comment > about LC_CTYPE in the code of kloacle.cpp. > > After examining the thing more profundly I found, > that in the KDE stuff the translations aren't recoded > anyway, the problem is in the function > QString.fromLocale8Bit which is used in KLocale::translate > for the result string. > > This function derives a codec from the language given > in the LANG environment variable and knowing nothing > about "eo" it defaults to the Latin-1 codec. > > After a patch in Qt and setting LANG=eo it works now. > I would prefer not to depend on the LANG variable > and move to UTF-8 translations in the future, but > it's ok for the moment. > Ah ok. With this I can go and start hacking :) Greetings, Stephan -- As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics, Microsoft have nothing to worry about. By Michael Surkan, PC Week Online